Sourav Sarkar, PhD
Research Assistant Professor (March '2022 - Present)
Dept. of Chemistry, POSTECH
Postdoc (2020-2022) @ POSTECH, South Korea
PhD (2015-2020) @ POSTECH, South Korea
MS (2013-2015) @ IIT Kharagpur, India
BS (2010-2013) @ University of Calcutta, India
Office : #307 (Chemistry), POSTECH, South Korea
Phone : (+82) 054-279-5850
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Probing redox molecules and enzymes
Environment insensitive dyes
Imaging guided surgery
Nucleic acid chemical biology
Chemistry: Organic synthesis, Si-based nanomaterials, NMR, IR, LC-MS
Biophysics: ITC, CD, UV-Vis, fluorescence based spectrophotometric analysis
Biology: Electrophoresis, protein purification, cell culture, mice experiments (disease model)
Microscopy: CLSM, TPM, FLIM, IVIS
Theory: Matlab, Chemissian, Multiwfn, Gaussian’09
Tools: ChemDraw, Origin, MestReNova, Xcalibur, Leica, ImageJ, ImagePro, Discovery studio, Pymol, Autodock
29. Interactive twin intramolecular hydrogen-bonding offers super-bright, environment-insensitive single-benzene blue dyes.
S Sarkar, A Shil, YW Jun, YJ Yang et al. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2023 (Under revision). [IF: 19.9]
28. A general strategy toward pH-insensitive phenolic fluorophores.
S Sarkar,* A Shil, YL Jung, A Acharya et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2023 (Under revision). [IF: 16.8]
27. Monitoring GSH dynamics in DNA replication phase using two-photon reversible ratiometric fluorescent probe.
S Biswas, S Sarkar, A Dhamija, VP Murali et al. J. Mater. Chem. B. 2023, 11, 1948. [IF: 7.57]
26. Dissecting the crosstalk between bisulfite and hypochlorous acid in the reaction-based fluorescence detection with dicyanovinyl-based probes.
HR Kim, A Shil, S Sarkar,* KH Ahn*. J. Org. Chem. 2023 (Accepted). [IF: 4.19]
25. A Small-Molecule Fluorescence Probe for Nuclear ATP.
U Tamima, S Sarkar, MR Islam, A Shil et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2023, 62, e202300580 [IF: 16.8]
24. Two-photon excitable membrane targeting polyphenolic carbon dots for long-term imaging and pH-responsive chemotherapeutic drug delivery for synergistic tumor therapy.
SD Dutta, J Kim, J Hexiu, S Sarkar et al. Biomater. Sci. 2022, 10, 1680-1696. [IF: 7.59]
23. Rapid point-of-care quantification of human serum albumin in urine based on ratiometric fluorescence signaling driven by intramolecular H-bonding.
S Sarkar,* A Shil, YL Jung, S Singha et al. ACS Sens. 2022, 7, 3790. [IF: 9.62]
22. A two-photon, ratiometric sensing platform based on a solid-state luminescent benzocoumarin: Application to prolonged bioimaging of hydrogen peroxide.
H R Kim,† S Sarkar,† (†equal cont.) K H Ahn*. Chem. Asian J. 2022, 17, e2021013 [IF: 4.84]
21. Pi-stacking-based fluorescent probe for labeling of flavin analogues in live cells through unusual FRET process.
S Biswas, S Sarkar,* A Shil, T Demina et al. Anal. Chem. 2022, 94, 8, 3494–3500 [IF: 8.00]
20. A rationally designed two-photon ratiometric elastase probe for investigating inflammatory bowel disease.
S Sarkar,* A Shil, M Nandy, S Singha et al. Anal. Chem. 2022, 94, 2, 1373–1381 [IF: 8.00]
19. NAD(P)H quinone oxidoreductase-1 in organ and tumor tissues: distinct activity levels observed with a benzorosol-based dual-excitation and dual-emission probe.
YJ Yang, M Dai, YJ Reo, CW Song, S Sarkar, KH Ahn*. Anal. Chem. 2021, 93, 7523. [IF: 8.00]
18. Environment-insensitive two-photon ratiometric probe for in cellulo quantitative measurement of H2O2.
SW Cho, YW Jun, YJ Reo, S Sarkar, KH Ahn. Results in Chemistry 2021, 3, 100117. (Invited article) [IF: 0.00]
17. Electronic effects on the depropargylation process in the reaction‐based fluorescent detection of palladium species: benzocoumarin‐based ratiometric sensing systems.
SW Cho, YJ Reo, S Sarkar, KH Ahn*. Bull Korean Chem Soc. 2021, 42, 135. (Invited article) [IF: 0.97]
16. Structurally compact, blue–green–red fluorescence trackers for the outer cell membrane: zwitterionic (naphthylvinyl) pyridinium dyes.
YJ Reo, S Sarkar, M Dai, YJ Yang, KH Ahn*. ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2021, 4, 2089. (Invited article) [IF: 3.25]
15. Imidazolyl–benzocoumarins as ratiometric fluorescence probes for biologically extreme acidity.
H Kim,† S Sarkar,† (†equal cont.) et al. Spectrochim Acta, A. 2021, 248, 119088. (Invited article) [IF: 4.09]
14. Study on hypoxia susceptibility of organ tissues by fluorescence imaging with a ratiometric NTR probe.
S Sarkar, H Lee, HG Ryu, S Singha et al. ACS Sens. 2021, 6, 148. [IF: 9.62]
13. A systematic study on the discrepancy of fluorescence properties between in solutions and in cells: super-bright,
environment-insensitive benzocoumarin dyes.
YJ Reo, YW Jun, SW Cho, J Jeon, H Roh, S Singha, S Sarkar et al. Chem. Commun. 2020, 56, 10556. [IF: 6.00]
12. A caveat to common hemicyanine dye components and their resolution.
HJ Park, CW Song, S Sarkar, YW Jun, YJ Reo, M Dai, KH Ahn*. Chem. Commun. 2020, 56, 7025. [IF: 6.00]
11. Bent‐benzocoumarin dyes that fluoresce in solution and in solid state and their application to bioimaging.
M Dai, S Sarkar, CW Song, YJ Reo, YJ Yang, KH Ahn*. ChemPhotoChem. 2020, 4, 721. [IF: 3.85]
10. A rationally designed polarity–viscosity sensitive probe for imaging lipid droplets.
CW Song, U Tamima, YJ Reo, M Dai, S Sarkar, KH Ahn*. Dyes Pigm. 2019, 171, 107718. [IF: 5.12]
9. An endeavor in the reaction-based approach to fluorescent probes for bio-analytes: challenges & achievements.
S Singha, YW Jun, S Sarkar, KH Ahn*. Acc. Chem. Res. 2019, 52, 2571. [IF: 22.4]
8. Ratiometric imaging of γ-glutamyl transpeptidase unperturbed by pH, polarity, and viscosity changes: a benzo-
coumarin-based two-photon fluorescent probe.
YJ Reo, YW Jun, S Sarkar, M Dai, KH Ahn*. Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 14101. [IF: 8.00]
7. Molecular probes for fluorescence imaging of ATP in cells and tissues.
YW Jun, S Sarkar, KH Kim, KH Ahn*. ChemPhotoChem. 2019, 3, 1. (Invited article) [IF: 3.68]
6. Exploration of molecular shape-dependent luminescence behavior: fluorogenic organic nanoparticles based on
bent shaped excited-state intramolecular proton-transfer dyes.
M Santra, YW Jun, S Sarkar, YJ Reo, W Choi, JE Kwon et al. ACS Appl. Bio Mat. 2018, 1, 136. [IF: 3.25]
5. Dual probing of redox species, NAD(P)H and HOCl, with a benzo[a]phenoxazine-based far red-emitting dye.
M Santra, S Sarkar, YW Jun, YJ Reo, KH Ahn*. Tetrahedron Lett. 2018, 59, 3210. [IF: 2.41]
4. Two-photon absorbing 8-hydroxy-benzo[g]coumarins with giant Stokes shifts: an environment-insensitive dye platform
for probing biomolecules.
S Sarkar, M Santra, S Singha, YW Jun et al. J. Mater. Chem. B. 2018, 6, 4446. [IF: 7.57]
3. A two-photon fluorescent probe for ratiometric imaging of hypochlorous acid in live cells and tissues.
YW Jun,† S Sarkar,† (†equal cont.) S Singha, YJ Reo et al. Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 10800. [IF: 6.00]
2. Lavender violet, blue and pink: a new type of benzo[a]phenoxazine-based dipolar, red-emitting dyes.
M Santra, YW Jun, YJ Reo, S Sarkar, KH Ahn*. Dyes Pigm. 2017, 142, 161. [IF: 5.12]
1. Water-soluble pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrroles: synthesis, luminescence and two-photon cellular imaging properties.
M Santra, YW Jun, J Bae, S Sarkar, W Choi, DT Gryko, KH Ahn*. Asian J. Org. Chem. 2017, 6, 278. [IF: 3.11]
Reviewer @ Sensors & actuators B ll Cancer ll Molecules ll Chemosensors ll New Journal of Chemistry
Guest editor @ Cells: Special issue on “Fluorescent Materials for Sensing, Bioimaging, Disease Diagnosis, and Therapeutics”.
Founder, Iccha Foundation. [2018-till date]
President, POSTECH Graduate Students’ Association (GSA). [2018-2020]
President, POSTECH Student Ambassador (PSA). [2017-2018]
Governing body, ‘Uttoran’- An Endeavour. [2013-2019]